Saturday, October 31, 2009

Does anyone brush and floss like they should yet still have issues with cavities and abscesses?


Answer:
Some people are more prone to dental decay and peridontal disease than others. Some people could go without brushing or flossing a lifetime and never develop decay. On the other hand, there are those of us (like myself) that require constant scrutiny and care to maintain a semi-healthy dental state. I see my dentist 3 times a year (instead of the recommended 2). I also undergo deep planing and root scaling every 5 or so years. This may be exactly what you need. DPRS consists of an peridontist or trained dental hygienist scraping the roots of your teeth with specialized instruments under local anesthesia. Nitrous oxide or a sedative may also be administered.
I have braces so I brush all the time and bought a waterpic, when I went for a cleaning they praised me because there was hardly anything there to clean, but I have to go back to get 2 cavities filled %26 3 sealants done.
She said it's impossible to prevent because the grooves in my molars are very deep and it's just inevitable.
So don't feel bad!
yes.
I've always had really 'soft' teeth so cavities are just a way of life for me :( I just went to the dentist and asked them if they could prescribe a fluride treatment for home. They gave me a bottle of Crest that has 1.1% fluride in it and said that it should work. My advice, just ask your dentist what else you could be doing and lay off the soda!
Yep i still get cavities

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Do you think © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net