Sunday, October 25, 2009

Do tongue rings acaully make you break your teeth?

myth or true?
whats the chance of need dental repair after a tongue ring?
how much was it if ya broke your teeth cuz one.
tell me if ya have one and nothin bad has happened porfavor.
thx a ton.
Answer:
The metal of the tongue ring wears down the enamel of your teeth. If you get plastic ones it doen't rub against your teeth as the metal would and do damage.
Two daughters did this, two daughters have chipped teeth from the rings.
they can, yes.
yes I chipped a tooth with mine, you just need to be careful
Chipping yes. You can prevent this though with getting a acrylic ball instead of a hard metal one though.
i have one and no i havent broke any teeth but yes it is possible its metal and it can bang on your teeth unless you get one with plastic balls then you will be fine but yes ones with metal balls can i know a few people that have
i havent heard that before...
but now that i think about it, im not so sure.
i dont have a tongue ring and i never will.
you shouldnt risk it, just dont get it pierced.
or if you have already, dont wear the ring.
Not only can they chip a tooth, but you will have a foul breath with one! yukky
Yes, you can break teeth with a tongue ring. However, you are more likely to crack your teeth...and I don't mean just one. Because the tongue ring is hitting on several teeth as you eat and chew it can make small cracks in every tooth it hits. Those cracks eventually will make for big cracks and then the teeth will start to break.
If I could just work on teeth cracked from tongue rings I would be rich!
its true
never EVER get a tongue ring
they will do thatAND THEY LOOK TERRIBLE
Well I chipped my front tooth removing my labret piercing, but I never chipped/broken a tooth with my tongue piercing although I have been told by a dentist that you can damage the nerves in your teeth by biting down on your tongue ring and that you should replace the metal balls with plastic ones. I figure you've got as much chance damaging your nerves biting down on a knife or fork than with your tongue piercing!
HELLO CHRISTI,
I'VE SEEN THIS TIME AND AGAIN IN MY OFFICE. PEOPLE WONDER WHY THEY CHIPPED AND BROKE A TOOTH WITH A TONGUE RING.
#1 THEY HAD A METAL BALL THEY BIT ON AND
#2 THE STRAIGHT STEM WAS TOO LONG.
IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO JUDGE WHERE THE BALL IS WHEN YOU BITE DOWN SO YOU GET A RING AT YOUR OWN RISK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Do you think © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net