Sunday, October 25, 2009

Do you floss?

If so how many times a day? If you don't..why not?
Answer:
I learned a catchy phrase when I was in dental hygiene school and I like to tell it to my patients. Only floss the teeth you would like to keep. Flossing is just as important as brushing your teeth. Plaque also forms in between your teeth. There is a tiny pocket that surrounds each tooth, all the way around it. When you brush correctly and you are angling the bristles, that removes the bacteria from that area of your tooth. But flossing removes the bacteria that is hiding in that pocket between your teeth. You should floss once a day, preferrably before brushing your teeth. Also, although children that are younger than 8 can not manipulate their fingers correctly they should also be attempting to floss daily, and parents can follow them/ assist them at their attempts. Any type of bleeding from flossing/ brushing is indicative of inflammation. Healthy tissue does not bleed. Hope this information helps!Carrie, R.D.H
dont, im too lazy.but i have a friend whos OCD about it. ha
I don't enjoy flossing so I only floss once a day.
I floss once a day, or more than once if I got stuff stuck visibly in my teeth.
no. too lazy. :P
once every other day. it makes my gums tougher so they don't bleed when brushing. it makes my breath better too.
i do, everything after i eat something, i floss like 10 times a day
i floss 2 to 3 times a day. My mom is a dental assistant, and she reinforced flossing in my brain when i was a kid.
YES,AFTER A MEAL
i dn't floss i am way to lazy too
yes I floss and you should too. Not flossing can cause gingivitis and after that peridontal disease which is when you can lose your teeth. It's not worth losing your teeth not to spend 1 minute a day or less flossing.
Yes twice a day
I floss my butt at least twice a day with thongs.
(not really)
Yes, I floss as many times as I feel I need to. Pretty often.
Yes. At least twice a day. And, as instructed by my dentist, I tie a knot in the floss to do a better job between the teeth. Happy Smiles :)
Not as much as I should...it hurts
onstly idont floss lol cause i had braces andi always had to floos my teeth which made it 50 times harder and i usually go to bed around 1:30 to 2am lol cause iam on msn talkin to my bf so iam just to tired to floss but i do brush twice aday
i dont always do it(lazy) but normally at least 3 times a week
My dentist told me that if you are a child (17 and under) the minimum of flossing is 2 or 3 times a week. When you are a adult though you should floss daily (every 24 hours). I floss every 24 hours even though I am 12 just because I like the feeling of a clean mouth.
i used to every day... but then i got braces. i don't floss very much at all now.
Yes. Twice a day.
I do floss, but I have to admit, not everyday. I just get lazy I guess, no other reason. But I also have to admit, I love my teeth!
I flossed every once in a while BUT now that I see what my father is going through, I WILL DO IT EVERY DAY :)
My dad is 76 and in the process of having his teeth PULLED out because of decay and gum disease. Can you imagine having the majority of your teeth pulled out bc you didnt take time when you were younger. EVERYBODY FLOSS. I hate seeing my dad in pain. FOR 3 MONTHS ALL HE CAN EAT IS SOUP. THE HOLES IN HIS GUMS GET FOOD IN IT AND CREATE INFECTIONS.ITS A MESS. Next week they start the work for partials--upper and lower. but he still will have 6 teeth left until they rot :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Do you think © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net