Saturday, October 31, 2009

Do your teeth become loose when your braces come off?

can you feel them loose? can you eat a whole entire apple? or are they weak?
Answer:
when i got my top braces off they didn't hurt or feel weak at all..the only thing that stopped me from eating hard stuff was the fact that i got my bottom braces tightened the same day and THAT hurt. lol. you're teeth will hurt a bit when you brush the first couple times though because the brush will be closer to your gums than it was when you brushed with braces. make sure to wear the retainer that your orthodontist made for you EVERY NIGHT (or whenever s/he tells you) because your teeth WILL move. not drastically in one night, but over a period of a couple days they'll move. you probably cant tell visibly; however your retainer will feel tighter or feel like it doesnt fit.
My teeth were not loose when mine came off, BUT my braces (the adhesive used to put the brackets on) did eat through the enamel on my teeth. Now, eleven years later, I have to get extensive dental work done from what my braces did to virtually every tooth in my mouth. It wasn't worth it to me, but there are many success stories. As far as being loose, mine weren't, and I have not heard about that happening to many people afterwards. But it does happen to some; I believe it's because of how bone tissue regenerates when the braces are on the teeth... causing the teeth to be loose after removal. I think it's temporary, but I'd get in touch with my orthodontist to be sure.
No, they wont be weak or loose. They'll feel weird at first but there is no worry of them falling out. When you get them off, talk to your orthodontist about it. He/she will be able to answer any questions you may have.
no, but there's a possibility to loose it when you get it off immediately
Well, you should be wearing a retainer of some sort after they come off, which will come out when you eat. The retainer helps keep your teeth in place while they set. You probably wont be able to eat an apple like normal for a while. When I got my braces off, I had to cut apples in segments so that it didn't damage my front teeth-still do. Your teeth wont be terribly loose, but it is best to not put them through a strenuous workout when you first get the braces off.Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Do you think © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net