Sunday, October 25, 2009

Do I need a retainer checkup?

I got my braces off about 3-4 years ago. At the time, they gave me an essix retainer for my upper teeth and a permanent retainer (bonded lingual retainer on my lower teeth). Since I got the retainers, I have never returned for a checkup. Should I go back for a checkup? Will I be charged if I get a checkup since it has been so long since I had braces? btw, I just got my wisdom teeth pulled.
Answer:
No need to see your orthodontist unless your are having a problem with your retainers, but you should see your regular dentist every 6 months for cleanings and they should be able to tell if you would need to go to your orthodontist for anything.
yes do it
You will most likely get charged (probably a decent sum). I got my braces off a few years ago and haven't gone back (I got my wisdom teeth off after I removed my braces too). I would only go back if I had a problem with one of my retainers. From here on in, my dental health is with my dentist.
wow. you should have had them wisdom teeth pulled before the braces went on. yes i would go in for a check up.
Yes you will be charged. At this rate, I would not go back for a ' check-up ' but would get to a dentist as they could tell you if your teeth are doing fine or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Do you think © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net