Sunday, October 25, 2009

Do you know why after they a doctor does a route canal and puts a temporary fill in, there might be swelling?

i have a bit of swelling and pain of my cheeck eventhough 3 days passed.
Answer:
This happened to me, as well. When my dentist gave me a shot to numb my tooth, he ended up giving it to me in my cheek muscle. It was pretty painful and took about a week for the swelling/pain to go away. Also, other explanations could be the length that you had your mouth open for the procedure and your jaw could just be sore from the effort.
well , When thoroughly cleaned the root canals are filled with a rubber like compound called gutta percha. A cement is also used to help seal the canals to prevent bacteria from reentering. In many cases, the opening in the crown of the tooth is sealed with a temporary filling. Either upon request from your dentist or when we it's appropriate, the access opening in the crown is filled with a build up restoration .

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Do you think © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net