Saturday, October 31, 2009

Does anybody have any tips on braces?

I'm getting mine this week on the 11th of July and I want to know what I'm allowed to eat and how often I should brusk my teeth...etc. Feel free to add any of your personal comments!
Answer:
I've had braces for half a year and let me tell you it hurts more after a tightening then getting them right away. Now about braces where to start? Ok well when it comes to food you have to be careful. You shouldn't have any gum, sticky or hard candy. They actually told me not to have pop or chocolate but i've not been following those rules. But I have avoided pop that die your mouth because it staines your teeth. Basically stay away form anything that will stain your teeth. When eating corn on the cob you have to take a knife and cut the corn off first before eating it because it's bad for the brackets to eat it on the cob. Eat things in good sized peices. Avoided biting with your front teeth, like carrot stick etc. No more big apples. You now will have to cut an apple up before eating it.I'd say brush your teeth after everything you eat! I know it's annoying but trust me you don't want to be walking around with food in your teeth, it will now be more likely to have food in your teeth. If you don't have a tooth brush give your teeth a good rinse. Do not use whitening tooth paste! Trust me on this if you do you'll end up with little squares on your teeth. So from now on no more whitening toothpaste.Don't worry too much about them, they do feel really weird but it'll feel normal soon. Also don't complain to people about it hurting because no one like it when people don't stop complaining. Best of luck and when you get them off and have a retainer wear it when ever you have to! If you don't your teeth will go right back to where they were before you had braces.Also if they are hurting take some advil or motrin to sooth the pain. Trust me it will work, don't ignore it if it hurts. Also if something is sticking out funny or rubbing you can put some wax that they should give you on it.
Don't eat anything hard, chewy, or sticky. The orthodontist should give you a list of what to avoid. Brush your teeth as much as you normally would, only a little more carefully with braces. Good luck!Edit: I advise you to take Advil before(so it kicks in) you get them on and before the first few tightenings. They may hurt.
(i have braces myself) here are some tips.1. eat a good last meal before you get them on. you can't enjoy a lot of foods after you get them on such as candy, popcorn and meat on bones2. have your mom prepare some oatmeal or not-hard-or sticky food after you get them on. your teeth should feel really sore after ward and its best not to eat hard food3. brush after every time you eat. you are prob. going to wear your braces for at least a year or so. you don't want your teeth to get all dirty and messed upthat's about it. your orthodontist should fill you in on anything else you'll need to know.good luck!
dont get them
don't eat anything chewy or hard it'll bend the wire hope this helps ^x^
Take advil prior to your appointment and two after. Brush often, after every meal if possible. You can eat almost anything, everyone is different. I had a difficult time with salads. No gum as advised by the orthodontist, this causes your treatment to last longer. But advil was my savior, prior to all my appointments. Good Luck!! It is worth having a lovely smile, and don't forget after it is all done, wear your retainers forever! Teeth move always.
Congratulations!! I had braces for two and a half years. So, just don't eat things your orthodontist says not to eat first of all. And brush your teeth after every meal, and floss. The day you get them on, take a couple of Advil before you go. It'll help with any pain, and I recommend doing that before you get them adjusted as well, and when you get them off too. You'll be soooo excited the day they come off! I just couldn't believe how good my teeth looked. Take good care of yourself, and you'll be really glad you did when you see your gorgeous teeth. And ALWAYS wear that retainer! That way your teeth will stay straight. Best wishes ;-)
Well, I have braces and they aren't that bad when you get use to them. I have had mine for 4 months so far and I have about 3 years left!
Well for the food thing I suggest that you wait for any hard food for a couple days when you first get your braces, like applesause and mash potatoes . Then after that you shouldn't eat anything sticky, or chewy. Also you aren't allowed to have gum or anything hard like all different types of candy. Your Ortho with have a HUGE list of what you are and aren't not allowed to have. Before you go to the Ortho to get your braces on I suggest you take a motrain, advil, or tylenol. You might need it, trust me!!You should brush your teeth 3 times a day but then I suggest you get ACT mouthwash maybe kids bubblegum flavor cause you aren't allowed to have bubble gum.I hope this helps!Hopefully you won't need spacers or expander but if you do always take medication so it won't hurt that much

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Do you think © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net