Tuesday, May 25, 2010

DOES it HURT!!?

I went to the dentist yesterday and he said I needed to get my wisdom teeth taken out! So I am getting them out next week!! They are not even coming through my gums yet! I have to get all of them taken out. Does it hurt? What restrictions will I have?
Answer:
Everyone is different. The anesthesia will kick you butt... that will be the bad part. Waking up you will be very cold %26 hard to get comforable. The taste will be aweful... you will probable throw up... don't be scared, this is normal, just be prepared for the car ride home w/ paper towels, a blanket, a trash bag and something to throw up in. After about 4 days you will be great again. You will sleep for 3 days! Go shopping for soft things to eat before hand... puddings, soups, jello's, and something you like to drink and chap stick, to keep you lips form getting yucky!
Have that fav blanket and pillows ready for when you get home!
You will do fine.. my daughter is a whiny baby, and this was our experience!
Good luck. and don't worry, just be prepared!
If your wisdom teeth have not grown through the gums yet then I would recommend being under sedation during the procedure. This will make it easier for you and the doctor as well. As far as pain, you will be fine during the procedure, but pain and swelling is the worst about 72 hours after the surgery. Post op pain is easily managed with medications. You will be fine.
Every person is different. Since you don't have them coming through yet, I'm guessing they have to cut them out.
They had to with mine and I was completely put under. My Dr. then gave me a prescription for a pain killer and anti-inflamatory combined. I had no swelling and was eating french fries the next day. I had to chew at the front of my mouth only, but I didn't have a lot of pain.You will have to be careful what you eat as food can get stuck back where they take your teeth out. I was stupid and ate rice about 3 days later and got a little piece stuck and had to dig it out.They will give you instructions on what not to eat and what to do to take care while it heals.Good luck!
You won't even feel them while your wisdom tooth is being pulled out. But, after the procedure, you will feel a little pain but they are tolerable.
ok, i would suggest making them put you asleep while this is happening. not that it hurts, it just feels VERY UNCOMFORTABLE, like someone is pulling(but not painfully)
on your teeth. i had to get a couple teeth pulled out, and let me tell you, they put me to sleep while they were doing it, and I WAS SO HAPPY that they did it too. and i hope i helped=]
Okay...your wisdom teeth are impacted. Mine were just like that, too. I'll tell you something, if I had the chance to do it all over again, I WOULD! You go into the doc's office and they sit you comfortably in a reclined chair. They will start you on an IV...ask them to numb your vein first. They give you a tiny shot in the vein in the hand. It really doesn't hurt...you'll feel a little pain there, but nothing that would even make someone flinch. A couple minutes pass...they start the IV...I didn't even know they had begun the IV on me. When the fluid starts going, you'll feel cold. Ask for a blanket. They will give you one and then they will lightly strap your arms to the armrests of the chair. Nothing to be worried about. Via IV, they will give you "white juice"...this will put you under general anesthesia. You won't even know when you pass out. It will be a dreamless sleep that you don't even really remember. You think you will have just closed your eyes and opened them again.
When you wake up, there will be gauze on the inside of your mouth to soak up the blood. You will have to change these frequently. Your jaw sides will ache a bit, but not sharp pains that will make you cry. The doc will give you antbiotics to prevent infection and some good painkillers. Your gums in the top and bottom jaw will have dissolveable stitches...you really won't even know that they are there. For a few days, you will be sleeping a LOT, taking your meds and going back to sleep, but no drinking through a straw (they can give you dry sockets. That's when the vacuumlike pressure causes the tooth sockets to open back up. Ouch.)! Slowly, you will begin to start eating normal foods...but much smaller bites and very carefully. Later on, if all the stitches haven't completely dissolved, the doc will simply cut the threads (which remind me of dental floss, only more like rubber/plastic...they are very soft)...and it is completely painless. If I had the choice to do this all over again, I would...I really would. I slept soooo well and the painkillers are great. Don't put off getting impacted teeth out. I did and they pushed all my teeth forward. They are slightly crooked now because of it. Getting my wisdoms out was a great experience. Don't be afraid!
yes, but only for a while. i had mine taken out and it was really sore, but mine were really bad, they shouldn't have been taken out. some people react differently to pain. just relax and it will be over and done with, if it hurts after, take some paracetamol or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Do you think © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net