Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Does everyone have to get their wisdom teeth taken out?


Answer:
Hi:
When I was little, they were only removed if there was no room (impacted) for them to come in properly or if you were having other problems with them.I am not sure why today's dentists (not all) want to remove wisdom teeth when you are not having a problem and they are not impacted.I am 42 and I still have all 4 wisdom teeth. The different dentists that I have had due to moving from different places all have wanted to pull all 4 wisdom teeth even though I am not having problems with them. I have been told it is due to preventative dental maintenance.Be safe and be well
No, only if they are impacted and there is not enough space for them to grow without pushing other teeth.
Nope i still have mine, they actually help'd straiten out the rest of my teeth
No!
only you have tricky roots that can cause some problems later
no, although most people do need to have them taken out because if they didn't then it would cause major problems with the rest of their teeth. some people are really lucky and aren't even born with wisdom teeth.
Nope. We're all different, and if the teeth grow in straight and pretty then there's no reason to pull them. But if they are impacted, well, you'd be crazy to leave them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Do you think © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net