Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Does anyone know the best pain relief from the growth of a wisdom tooth?

I've had no problems with the top two, but now that the bottom one is coming through, it really hurts. Its only been two days so its to early to see it, i can just feel it under my gum. Please help!
Answer:
I'd say Ibuprofen of some sort. It helps to reduce pain, but it's also an anti-inflammatory.
Get those suckers removed!
dose it hurt i mite have to get 4 pulled ?
Ibuprofen worked best for me, along with rising with warm salt water a few times a day. Good luck!
When my wisdom teeth were cutting through, I used Clove Oil... put it on the affected area using a cotton bud... but be careful, it really numbs everything and can almost feel a bit like it's burning when you first put it on. So, watch your tongue and cheeks cuz it may be uncomfortable! Oh, and it doesn't taste too nice!But, all things aside, it really helped to give a bit of relief.Obviously, you can take painkillers, like Ibuprofen, but take advice from a pharmacist or GP.Hope that helps! I have every sympathy for you.!
well to get some relief try frozen grapes. its a good for u snack that helps relieve the pain.
that or oragel
calgel or bonjela are good .x
oh owch. Bonjela will help for a little while, but it's not a permanent solution. Try holding a facecloth with ice in it against your jaw, that'll help the swelling to go down. But get to your dentist asap, you might need to get some antibiotics. Most of the time the pain will subside in a few days time, but if it doesn't, the dentist will be able to help. He might make a small cut in your gum (you won't feel it) to release the pressure and help your tooth come through.
I had mine pulled as they hurt so much I was in tears-if it gets bad go see dentist otherwise try:
-Painkillers: I have anadin triple action
-Corsodal mouth wash
-Rinsing with really cold water-for some reason this helped I think because of swelling.Hope u feel better x
WOW, we are in the SAME EXACT boat! I know exactly what you are going though. I didn't even know when my top 2 came in, I didn't feel a thing but the bottom 2 are just cuttin in and they are KILLING me. I am actually going to see the oral surgeon at 4 today, my dentist says I need to have them removed! I've been taking Motrin, that helps me...I've also been on antibiotics for the past week b/c I had an infection. My dentist also gave me a prescription for Vicadin which is GREAT! Go see your dentist you may have an infection and he may suggest pulling, but in the mean time he can give you something for the pain and the infection if you have one.
Get them removed. That will slove the pain.
Ouch. I feel for you.
I remember when mine were coming through I realised why babies cry so much when they're teething. lol. I even considered by a teething ring or something.
I found clove oil %26 bongella helped to ease the pain.
I eventually had mine removed though.
Personally I've never understood the point of wisdom teeth. We managed okay without them for years and I'm not aware of them giving me any wisdom. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Do you think © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net