Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Does getting a lipring hurt?


Answer:
It's a needle being stabbed through your lip. It's not going to feel like it tickles. That being said, there is NO piercing that is too painful to get. If you want it, get it. Just make sure you take care of it afterwards.
the lipring itself will not hurt, as for the lip into which it is inserted i suppose that would depend largely upon how hard you pull on it.
keeping the false freedom of speech in mind, I thought that lip rings (I put some kind of big horseshoe barbells in the piercing when they where healed) would make it seem like they made it hard to speak... and to get understood... they didn`t really give me any trouble speaking, but I liked the way they symbolized how I felt... so I went to studio in our city, to meet Pierre Black. We talked about what I wanted, and what could be done. At first, I wanted two side labret piercings, but I also wanted to use rings in it, Pierre explained to me that with the dental association shitting over oral piercing, they decided to pierce labrets lower than rings, because that way they would rub less against your gums. So anyway, I decided on two side lip rings (and a higher piercing) ...the only reason I wanted labrets is because I could take them out for work. We sat and talked for about half an hour, then he made the spots where the needles would go in and out, then looked at them, went out of the room to get some tea and get another look at the placement after resting his eyes. After he showed me his instruments and told me what he would do, then proceeded to pierce me. The piercing didn't hurt, and it went smoothly as I supposed it would've. He then told me about aftercare and we discussed about products and methods for healing. His method was good, clean, and he put me in total confidence.The healing was not a big problem, I did as he told me and besides the soreness, and a little infection in the left hole, it wasn't that bad. Within a month, it was all gone and it was pretty much healed, although I continued to rinse them with baxedin from time to time so the rings would stay clean.
Yes, any time you pierce anything, you are actually scarring yourself. Well, actually, everybody's pain tolerance is different; so it may not hurt you the same as someone else. But you will be tearing your facial tissue and then it will heal up around your lip ring; which would involve some level of discomfort.
Liprings not only look gross, they can do nasty damage to your teeth....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Do you think © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net