Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Does it hurt to get your braces tightend?

Hi, I am getting my braces tightend for the first time tomorrow. Does it hurt and what do they do? Please answer respectfully. Thanks!( What colors should I get for summer??)
Answer:
Hi, about getting braces tightened... I won't lie and say it doesn't hurt. It does hurt a little because well the wires are being tightened.
I've been through braces twice myself and my daughter is completing her treatment. We have found there are few things to do to help ease the discomfort.
1) take Tylenol, ibuprofen, aleve...which ever you like about an hour before the appointment. This will help.
2) some orthodontist allow you to chew sugar free gum. If so chew some after the appointment and this will help loosen your muscles in your jaw. You automatically tighten your muscles after check ups.
Remember that everyone has a different pain level tolerance. If you are one of the lucky ones and pain has to be VERY strong to feel discomfort then you may not have any problems.
Good luck either way. Oh and color.RED WHITE AND BLUE! Or Red and Blue...the white will stain.
It doesn't hurt while they are doing it..it hurts about 1/2-1 hour after and for about 2 days. After that it stops hurting. They are moving your teeth to make them look better. It's all worth it in the end..my teeth are beautiful now.
Yes, it can, but it usually only lasts a day, and if you take Ibuprofen about 20 minutes before the procedure, it helps a lot.Colors? Orange, red and just for fun, purple.
I used to have braces when I was 14-15 years old. Yeah, it hurt when they tightened mine, I even took a day off from school once because they felt so tight and it hurt really bad. But in the end it was totally worth it. I love having straight teeth!You could try using pink or orange for summer colors.
It does not hurt while they actually tighten them but your mouth will be sore afterwards. It hurts but it's not like unbearable pain. Try to eat soft foods that are easy to eat every time you get your braces tightened. Soup, Oatmeal, Grits, etc. Also, a painkiller like Ibuprofen or Tylenol may help a little. The pain usually only lasts one day or so.
it does'nt hurt when they are tightend it. it hurts after hour.
The feelings of getting your braces tightened vary for different people, however I found it VERY uncomfortable!! Most likely, you'll want to eat softer foods when you get it done because chewing will be irritating to your gums. Now as far as colors go, I like to choose the ones that are the most bright and vibrant, or I ask for whatever color I wear most often. So when tomorrow comes, keep your head held high when you walk into that orthodontists office and keep in mind that the pain won't last for the whole week! best wishes 2 u
Yeah sure it does. You dont feel much pain when they tighten up but after that the pain goes on increasing that u cant chew anything for the next day. Its always better to use some painkillers as prescribed by the dentist.
i have had ALOT of my friends complain about tightening their braces, but when i finally got mine tightened, i didnt even notice. i had absolutely no soreness whatsoever. Now spacers are a different story...
I had braces for seven years, remember when you got your braces on they fet a little tight, it is the same thing when they tighten them, the first time you get them tightened is the worst, because you are really still not used to it.i always got pink and baby blue...my fav colours and besides you can keep switching them, try whatever colours you like...good luck and if they hurt eat cold stuff it tends to help!
it doesnt hurt but your mouth will be soreitll be something like when you got them on for the first time
Hi, it really doesn't hurt when they are doing the procedure, but afterwords you will be in a lot of pain. Before you go take a pain killer that will suit you. I personally take Tylenol. Here are some steps.
1.) Take a pain killer before the procedure.
2.) It won't hurt during the procedure trust me!
3.) All they do is put in a shorter and thicker wire they will pull a little you will feel it but it doesn't hurt that much.
4.) Pick your colors! I would do red orange and yellow for summer!I hope it works out honey bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Do you think © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net