Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Does it hurt getting your teeth pulled out?

hey i have to get 4 teeth pulled out for braces tommorow and im scared to death!can some one tell me what happens the moment you walk into the dentist offfice
do i have anything to worry about?
Answer:
well i know how you feel i always get nervous to go to the dentist for anything. but just try to calm down you will be ok. when you get there they will probly numb you with a gel and then give you some shots of numbing stuff i don't know how to spell it. or they might put you on laughing gas. it's not that bad so don't worry. i had 4-6 teeth pulled for my braces too and it wasn't bad. you will be ok just listen to any instructions the dentist gives you. good luck
No, they will make your mouth numb.
NO THEY WILL NUMB YOU UP OR PUT YOU TO SLEEP FOR 30 MINUTES.
they numb ur mouth! depends on the size of ur roots in ut teeth...but i wuldnt worry about it at all !
it's not that bad because they have a medicine to numb the pain.It was just scary for few seconds though.
They put medicine in your mouth so you don't feel pain at the time. You will be a little sore after but they will give you some pain medicine to help. There is nothing to worry about, you don't feel a thing.
relax. They will give you a local anesthesia, so it will not hurt. I had my 4 wisdom teeth yanked at once, I got lucky, I didn't hurt, but they might give you something to cut the pain. Keep on the ibuprophin to knock down swelling after the extraction. Good Luck!
there's nothing to worry about. they totally numb it. you can't feel nothing. you'll be a bit goofy afterwards but that's always fun.
Its not that bad, really.The most pain full thing for me was the shot of Novocaine. It was fine after that =]
It doesn't hurt when they go to pull them, afterwards though you may be a little sore. Just keep your tongue away from them and in a few days you should be doing pretty good...Good Luck...
I got three pulled out, but I was asleep so I don't know, my mom has had some pulled and she didn't mind it. What hurts the most are those damn shots, that feel like a "mosquito bite" those lying dentists! Have fun. ;)
No, they make it numb so you can`t really feel it too much.
Yes, it will hurt and u wont be able to eat for 24 hours, your mouth will be swollen and u wont be able to talk. Oh and it will be very, very, very numb.
dont worry hun they will explain everything to you. it doesnt hurt becouse they give you a shot and numb the area...they will give you a prescription of pain pills for afterward.dont worry you will be alright and have a perfect smile for being brave.
Oh my God! I'm so sad for you! The blood, you just won't believe the blood!Does it hurt? They're anchored in pretty tight, aren't they? Having them ripped out feels about like you would imagine, except it's worse.And the blood!
When my wisdom teeth were pulled out, it hurt. But it wasn't as bad as I though it would be. You feel more pressure than pain
I had some of my diease tooth pulled out for a root canal and it didn't hurt but it depends on will your tolerance for pain is.
well usually the dentist will make your mouth numb by givin u a shot in your lip. trust me it doesnt hust. sometimes they put a mask over your nose that helps you relax and let them do their job
u will be ok
I got about 3 teeth pulled out, If they like put a shot in your mouth you won't feel a thing. If they take it out without a shot it might just tickle. But for the most part they have to put a shot in your mouth that makes you feel numb so you won't feel a thing!! Good Luck!!
If the dentist is experienced and gentle then it shouldn't hurt. with the right amount of the anesthetic shot and a gentle dentist hand you'll be fine.
naw i only pulled teeth out wen i was a kid so i dont really remember my sister got a tooth pulled out once but the only reason it hurt was cuz they didnt numb her enough so yea but nothing to worry about depends on the root depth too
i am very squirmy when it comes to that kind of stuff, and i had it done in kindergarten!what they do is they numb you first (whether you get novacane or laughing gas- i got the gas) and then start the operation. you have nothing to worry about, as long as they numb you, you cant feel ANYTHING. and as a plus, all you can eat (pretty much) is ice cream! :o)
it doesnt hurt while they are doing it but it honestly hurts after. the only thats actually scares you in the chair is... noise. u dont feel anything but you hear crackin and squeakin of them pulling them out. but dont worry it will be finexx good luck xx
yes. i can't lie about that, seriously. I mean; you're taking out something that is attached to the meat on your mouth. they say the shots are so you can't feel when they pull the teeth out, but from experience it doesn't work lol. just get it over with it... once its over you'll be glad that you got it done :D the perfect smile pays off later
No way!First you bite down on this plastic guitar pick looking thing and they take an X-ray. Then they put this vest thing on you and you just sit there with your mouth open while they do more X-ray business.Then they numb you.Then they just pull them right out and you don't feel a thing.Trust me, and every one else who tells you that it doesn't hurt, IT DOESN'T HURT, and there's absolutely nothing to be afraid of.
I'm only 11 and I can handle it, so I think you can, too.
no it tickles.j/k. it is actually agonizing pain.it makes you want to kill yourself.imagine smashing your kneecaps with a sledge hammer while having a pineapple stuck somewhere and and setting your hair on fire at the same time.does that ease your mind?
If they numb you there will probably be no pain during the procedure. You will probably get pain medicine for afterwards and pain medicine usualy works good. What goes on in the dentist's office is usually you check in with a receptionist and wait, then get brought back by a hygienist who may do some prep work. The dentist will probably do some sort of numbing and that can hurt briefly, when the numbing stuff kicks in, you should feel nothing. Hopefully our teeth will come right out, if not the dentist may need to use multiple tools, you shouldn't feel any of them though. Good luck.
I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled about 6 months ago. I was really nervous, but it was not bad at all! I was put under a general anesthetic and was a bit loopy for a couple hours :) The healing process is the worst part - make sure u don't smoke or drink through a straw and you should be fine! I had to eat soft foods for about a week. Good luck!! I'm sure u will do great!
I worked at target and had a freak accident..lol, I'm clumsy, but I broke my jaw and had to get surgery.My coworkers said that they found me lying on the floor unconscious, I just remember trying to unjamb a clothes rack.Anyways, I had much surgery and dental work, but again, freak of nature that I am, I had to go to the dentist that numbed the wrong nerve and even now my entire right side of my head is numb...Tell your dentist that each case is unique and different so treat each patient like they are the first one ever. Caution, attention, and patience, be sure to tell your dentist about how you could be numbed for life on one side of your face.
When I got my teeth pulled, I sat down and the dentist numbed my mouth with the cotton swab and gave me the laughing gas. A little later, I felt what seemed like something metal tapping my tooth for just a second (the shot) and I asked when they were going to give me the shot and they said they already had. Then, they pulled my teeth and I felt a tiny tiny pull. It didn't hurt at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Do you think © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net